Six years ago I was FAT. I mean REALLY FAT! I was MISERABLE!
My job, in Information Technology, was killing me. I ate too much, moved too little and just thought that was the way it had to be. I was stuck in the path of least resistance but if I continued I knew I wouldn’t see my 60’s.
I left my job and took some time to figure out what I would do next. I MENTALLY prepared myself for a life change. I decided to get healthy by losing weight and now 285 lbs later I am better than I have ever been as an adult. I prepared myself for a year and had a Realize Band. It has been extremely effective for me where so many others have failed. WHY?
I was mentally prepared for my journey. I spent a year preparing myself for life after the band.
What did I learn during my journey?
- You have to be ready to commit – The Mental Journey is the longest and most important part.
- There is no magic bullet
- Don’t deny yourself but control yourself
- Find foods that are healthy that you love
- When a situation is consistently making you unhappy change the situation
- Quick fixes never last – ever. This time won’t be different.
- Lying to yourself is incredibly easy. Stop this habit or everything else will fail.
- It takes months to build a good habit.
- Doubt is your worst enemy
- Patience should be cultivated constantly
I’ll be writing more about these topics over the next few weeks. I’d love to talk to you about my journey and your goals during your appointment! Subscribe for updates.